Friday, August 26, 2011

2 year anniversary!! :)

Today is the 2 year anniversary of working on C.O.T.U! Recently I havn't worked all that much on C.O.T.U, due to the fact that I was on vacation for 2 weeks. However, before that and right now, I have been working on something I thought would be really cool for the game.

I've done a lot of research for this, and have kept things historically accurate. It is a U.S.A Military insignia/awards. Each ribbon/medal/badge works in C.O.T.U based off what it's actually earned for, but mixed with Zombie-killing :)

There's a few medals, ribbons, and quite a few patches, plus a ranking system of enlisted and officer ranks. It's turning out pretty good so far, it's just an overwhelming amount of work.

I hope to be done with it before 9/11/11 to release V.6, there's been A LOT done since V.5.2's release. 9/11 was the first day C.O.T.U was released, in 2009. So 08/26 is the day the first engine of C.O.T.U was made, then on 9/11 it was released.

Why C.O.T.U was made? My friend had made a zombie engine/game-never-to-be-finished. It was pretty glitchy/worked funny. So I decided to make a Zombie engine of my own, just an engine, to see/show what kind of zombie engine I could come up with that worked really well. That was hard to do, and took all day! My friend had helped me with a script to help me. It was a very hard thing to accomplish, getting the bullet shells to come perfectly out of the gun, at the right spot, every time. After lots of fooling around and piecing ideas together, the script was born! The little engine turned out pretty good, it had peppy music and you had a Colt M1911 to fight through a test room. The gore and stuff like that was pretty off, but it worked, way different from the games current blood/gore. There were pushable crates in the room, no possible glitches to be made (OMG that's another story for that script). It was pretty nice. I decided to add to it a bit, and what do you know? It became a game. But it was levels of shooting zombies, not survival mode as it is today. I started to make a survival mode as a side thing in mid-October 2009, and it turned into a full on thing. In December 2009, I decided the campaign was stupid and not good (wasn't finished anyway), so It became full on survival mode, but this past year I havn't had time to really work on it, which is a shame, it's nearly nice and complete (though I never think anything will be truly complete) for a full release. But I'm thinking of getting the medals system done and releasing V.6 on 9/11/11, then patching up every bug I can get at and touching the UI up. Then releasing a V.6.1 a little later, as in beginning of October.

Well thats Call Of The Underworld's 2 year anniversary!

No comments:

Post a Comment